What is an inactive account?
Per our Terms of Service, an account enters inactive status if there have been no transactions made within that account for at least 90 days. A transaction is defined as any action initiated by a member within their Uphold wallet, including on or offboarding funds, moving value between cards, sending funds to another member or email address, or crypto address.
I don’t have any value in my Uphold account - will I still be charged fees? No, if you do not currently have any value stored in your Uphold account, you will not be charged any fees and can disregard the inactive account fees.
I would like to keep my Uphold account open, but don’t want to pay any fees? To maintain active account status you simply need to login to your Uphold account and initiate a transaction at least once every 90 days. This will keep your account active and you will not incur any fees.
I would like to close my Uphold account.
We are sorry to hear you would like to close your Uphold account. In order to close your Uphold account you will need to follow these steps:
- Ensure you have withdrawn all value from your Uphold account.
- If your wallet has been at a zero balance for at least 90 days, your account will automatically considered inactive. If it has a zero balance for at least 180 days, your account will be automatically closed.
How much money do I have in my account?
You can view your current balance at anytime by simply logging in to your Uphold account.
Where do I find the fee amounts?
The following is a summary of cumulative fees that will be automatically collected from inactive accounts:
|90 - 180 days||1 USD per month|
|180 - 365 days||5 USD per month|
|365+ days||10 USD per month|
I would like to login to my account but I don't know my username or password.
If you've forgotten your username or password, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Uphold login page
- Click "Recover it" next to "Forgot your password?"
- Enter your email address
- You should receive an email with a link to change your password within a minute. The subject of this email is "Password change request." If you don't receive this email, check your Spam folder (just in case). If you still can't find the email, then be sure you entered the same email address you used when signing up for the service.
- Once the email has arrived, click on the link it contains, and you will be given the chance to choose a new password
Where is your transparency page?
You can view our transparency page at anytime here.
Why am I receiving emails from Uphold?
We send emails regarding terms of service or account changes to all account holders. If you no longer wish to receive the update emails you can simply scroll to the bottom of the email and select unsubscribe.