Discover the benefits and features of the Uphold card for customers in the UK.
If you wish to dispute a transaction made with your Uphold Card, believe your statement or receipt has an error, or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt, please contact us as soon as you can by either:
- Calling us on +44 203 893 3228
- Writing to us at Card Services Support, PO BOX 5572, Brighton, BN50 8US; or
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We must hear from you within 60 days following the date on which the error first appeared in your transaction history (either on the Uphold App or sent to you via email or push notification).
- Tell us your name and User ID.
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
- If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account.
For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Our Uphold Card is available to Customers in the United Kingdom.
The Uphold Card is accepted by more than 50 million merchants worldwide via the Mastercard network.
As a ‘true’ debit card, rather than a pre-loadable card, it’s far more widely accepted than many of its competitors, bringing a whole new level of utility to your Uphold account.
You can convert any asset held with Uphold into fiat to spend on your card. What’s more, using your Uphold Card when traveling abroad will protect you from the punitive FX rates charged by banks - sometimes as high as 10%.
Last but not least: with the Uphold Card you’ll earn up to a whopping 4% Crypto Rewards in XRP on your purchases!
- XRP Rewards: get up to 4% back in XRP on your purchases!
- Add your card to Apple Pay or Google Pay!
- Attractive FX rates.
- Free virtual card.
- Instantly freeze/unfreeze your card within the app.
- Top-up your card using ANY of your assets!
- Instant spending alerts
- Analytics of your purchases, by type!
When using your Uphold card abroad, you’ll automatically benefit from low FX rates with zero additional fees.
The virtual Uphold Card is completely free to activate.
See additional details in the Uphold Cardholder Agreement.
If you choose to order a physical card, it should be delivered within 7-10 business days.
If you do not receive your card, please call +44 203 893 3228 (UK), or email email@example.com.
Go to your Uphold app and swipe left to access the card section.
Press “Activate physical card” and you're good to go!
The shipping process should be smooth but please do not activate the physical card until it is safely in your possession.
You can select your preferred currency to use as the card’s funding source. What's more, if your funding source needs topping up, you can convert any of the assets in your Uphold wallet to do so!
Open your Uphold app:
- Swipe left on to access the card section.
- On the top left, tap the flag icon (next to the current balance)
- Select which funding source you wish to use.
If you need to top-up your funding source:
- From the same screen, select “Top-up your funding source” at the bottom
- Select which asset you want to trade from.
- Go through the prompts.
- You’re all set!
Check your transaction details in-app for more information.
If you think there’s been a mistake, call +44 203 893 3228 (UK), or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a precaution, you should freeze your card on the Card settings menu while you investigate.
Just click on “Freeze card” and that’s it. While your card is frozen, no transactions will be allowed.
Also, you’ll be notified if someone attempts a transaction using your card while it is frozen. Please be aware that even the payments for any subscriptions you may have set up will fail if the card is frozen.
As soon as you notice an unrecognized transaction, please call +44 203 893 3228 (UK), or contact us at email@example.com so we can investigate further and help you the best way we can.
With the Uphold Card you’ll earn up to 4% XRP Rewards on your purchases*.
All your Rewards will be received in XRP - up to 4%. There’s a rewards limit of up to £100 worth of XRP a month.
You’ll get 4% back when you spend crypto, and 2% when you spend FIAT or stablecoins.
Payout: The crypto rewards will be calculated at the end of each calendar month and added to your Uphold balance within 15 days thereafter. Payouts must bear a notional value of at least 1.00 GBP equivalent for the amount to be added to your Uphold balance. Otherwise, no money will be credited to your balance for that month, but the amount will be carried forward to the subsequent month.
You can see your updated rewards balance in the app, as well as accrued values, limits, etc.
* Transactions made under the following merchant categories or channels are excluded from the Crypto Rewards program:
- Money orders - wire transfer
- Financial institutions - manual cash disbursements
- Financial institutions - automated cash disbursements
- Financial institutions - merchandise & services
- Quasi cash-member financial institution
- Quasi cash
- Security brokers/dealers
- Remote stored value load-member financial institution
- Remote stored value load
- Payment service provider-money transfer
- Payment transaction - member financial I
- Payment transaction - merchant
- Money transfer-member financial institution
- Value purchase-member financial institution
- Moneysend intracountry
- Moneysend intercountry
- Mastercard moneysend funding transaction
- Poi funding transactions
- Mastercard initiated rebate/rewards
- Savings bonds
- Hospital patient personal funds withdraw
- Debt collection agencies
- Government-owned lotteries
- Government licensed casinos (online gambling)
- Government licensed horse/dog racing
- Betting, wagering, lottery, gambling tickets or chips
- Gambling-horse, dog racing-st lottery
- Political organizations
- Tax payments
- Government services (nec) or fire departments
- Intergoverment transactions
- Government loan payments
- Alimony, child support or court costs
- Bail and bond payments
- I-purchasing pilot
- Automated referral service
- Visa credential server
- Gcas emergency services (visa use only)
- U.K. Supermarkets, electronic hot file
- U.K. Petrol stations, electronic hot file
- Intra-company purchases
- Client defined mcc
- Outbound telemarketing merchant
- Inbound teleservices merchant
- Escort services
- Postage transaction charge
- Drugs, drug proprietaries and druggist sundries
- Telemark, travel-related arrangement ser
- Charitable or social services organizations
- Religious organizations
- Chemicals and allied products (nec)
Some Gas Stations, as a precautionary measure, may hold an additional amount when you use the card. The excess amount should be refunded shortly after the transaction is complete.
Report it in the Uphold app:
- Open your Uphold app.
- Swipe left to access your card.
- Press the Settings icon (top-right corner).
- Tap Report card as lost or stolen.
- Go through the prompts and Cancel the card
You can activate a new virtual card right after.
Freezing your card prevents any transactions from taking place. On top of it, you’ll be notified if someone attempts a transaction using your card.
- Open your Uphold app.
- Swipe right to access your card.
- Press the Settings icon (top-right corner).
- Toggle the "Freeze card" option.
You’ll see a lock if your card is frozen. To unlock, click on the toggle again and complete 2-factor authentication.
Please note that no payments will be allowed when the card is frozen, including subscriptions, if you have them.
You can easily view your PIN in the app - just go to your card settings, tap view PIN and complete 2-factor authentication. For security reasons, the screen will automatically close after some seconds.
You can change your PIN at an ATM.
Adding your card to Apple Pay is easy:
On iPhone, open the Wallet app, tap the plus sign and follow the prompts.
On Apple Watch, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select “Wallet & Apple Pay” then tap “Add Credit or Debit Card” and follow the prompts.
From the Uphold app
1. Access the Uphold Card section
2. Tap the Add to Apple Pay button under your card
Click here to know more about how to add your card or how to pay with Apple Pay.
Adding your card to Google Pay is easy:
From the Google Wallet app:
Scroll to the bottom, tap Add to Wallet, select Payment card and follow the prompts.
From the Uphold app
1. Swipe left to access the Uphold Card section
2. Tap the Add to Google Pay button under your card
Click here to know more about how to add your card or how to pay with Google Pay.