How to add and withdraw funds via bank or wire transfer (International)
To add funds with Wire Transfer the funds must be sent as either EUR or GBP. From the Dashboard:
- Select Card you wish to send funds to
- Click the ADD FUNDS option
- Select the FUND with WIRE TRANSFER option
- Choose the EURO or GBP option according to the currency you will be sending
- You may change the label to easily recognize the bank account.
If you have not yet verified your account, please click here to log in and perform the verification.
In order for transfers to be processed, the name on your bank account must match the name on your Uphold profile.
- For SEPA deposits, in order to process the transaction, don't forget to include the destination card Reference ID, without this information our system will be unable to track the destination account. The reference ID is available on the "Add funds" screen.
- The funds will arrive into your Uphold account, typically within 5 business days. Uphold will send an email informing you when your funds have arrived.
- Note: yes, you can add multiple bank accounts to your Uphold account. Simply add the accounts and choose the account you wish to transfer to or from when adding and withdrawing funds.
You can use the same bank account to withdraw funds:
- Select any of your Money Cards and click "Withdraw"
- Choose your linked bank account
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw and click "Confirm"
Once confirmed, the funds will appear within your linked bank account typically within 3-5 business days.
For United Kingdom users:
The following options remain available if you have a Pound Sterling bank account and wish to load funds into your Uphold account via bank transfer:
SEPA transfer (as EUR)
You can add your bank account to Uphold as a EUR account. Transactions will take 3-5 days and there should be no fees charged, but your bank will apply its own exchange rate. This is normally the cheapest option, particularly for values under £2000.
To use this method, please add your bank account again, this time selecting EUR as currency.
SWIFT - International Transfer
You can still send your value as GBP via a SWIFT international transfer. Depending on the bank, this can cost anywhere from £15 to £50 per transaction, so it’s a better choice for higher values.
To use this method, simply send a SWIFT transfer from your connected GBP bank account to the new bank information provided within the ‘Add Funds’ tab for GBP.
Important Update about UK Deposits via Faster Payments
At Uphold, we continuously strive to provide our members with the best service and the lowest fees on the market, and we choose to work with partners who share this vision.
Currently, as a result of a redesign of our infrastructure, we are temporarily unable to accept British Pounds (£) via the UK Faster Payments System. We will continue to process withdrawals as usual, but during this time, we ask that if you need to add GBP funds from a UK bank account, you will need to use new bank account details, as displayed within the wallet app.