What is Uphold?
Uphold, a cloud based financial services platform that enables anyone, anywhere to move, convert, hold and transact in any form of money or commodity instantly and securely. Uphold has powered more than $1 billion in transactions by members across 181 countries.
Uphold serves businesses, developers, NGO's, non-profits and individuals. For businesses and developers, Uphold serves as a platform on which to extend the benefits of cloud money to their own business or to their customers. For individuals, Uphold serves as a wallet for easy, instant, safe and affordable financial services.
With Uphold’s open API, businesses and developers around the world can integrate with or build upon the Uphold platform to deliver instant, transparent, global, secure and innovative cloud money solutions to their customers. Simply put, Uphold is the Internet of Money.
Uphold seamlessly connects the legacy financial system to the digital economy.
- Hold financial value denominated in a range of currencies or precious metals
- Send financial value to any Uphold member, anywhere, instantly, securely, and for free
- Exchange value between denominated currencies, at mid-market exchange rates, instantly
- Exchange value denominated in precious metals, at mid-market exchange rates, instantly and at low fees
- Organize your value with Uphold money cards
Uphold operates on a 100% reserve model, backing all member stores one-for-one in holdings, unlike traditional banks, which operate a fractional reserve. The structure of our full reserve is published in real-time on our transparency page and all transactions are instantly, immutably and anonymously recorded and visible on our Reserveledger™.
With the ability to hold, send and receive value denominated in a range of currencies and commodities, consumers and businesses can service their global needs and where applicable, protect themselves from volatile currencies.