How to add funds using debit or credit card
We’re pleased to offer account funding via debit/credit cards. This feature is currently offered to all verified Uphold members with the exception of those members in the countries listed here. If you have not yet verified your account, please click here to login and complete the verification process.
Uphold currently accepts Visa and Mastercard.
Please Note that:
- You must be a verified member of Uphold to fund your account via credit card.
- Uphold only supports VISA and MASTERCARD.
- We require that all debit/credit cards are 3D secure eligible 3D (To determine if your card supports 3D Secure, you can contact your credit/debit card provider directly or simply try adding it to your Uphold account)
- If your card is not 3D secure eligible, you will receive an error message and the transaction will fail. Select banks will require various steps to authorize the initial purchase using 3D secure. Which may include communication from your bank to verify the transaction.
To connect your credit or debit card to your Uphold account:
- Head to any of your cards and click "Add Funds," or go to “Settings” and “Funding Methods”
- Click "Add Credit/Debit Card"
- Fill in the card details and click "Create". We recommend you give your credit/debit card a name (in the field: ‘Label’) so you can easily identify it later, e.g., “My personal MasterCard”
Limits and Fees
Your card will then be linked to Uphold and available for transactions. Funds you add using a credit or debit card are subject to a fee (3.99%).
When funding by credit or debit card, a minimum of $50 €50 £50/day and a maximum of $500 €500 £500 can be funded per day. For further details about our credit card fees and limits, please visit our FAQ: Account funding & withdrawal costs and limits
To add funds to your Uphold account using your connected credit or debit card:
- Head to any of your Money Cards and click "Add Funds"
- Choose the credit or debit card you have previously added
- Select how much money you'd like to add, accept the terms and click "confirm"
How many Credit Cards can i link to my Uphold account?
You can add up to 3 debit/credit cards to your Uphold account.
How long will my Credit Card transaction take?
Your credit card transaction should be completed within 30 minutes.
Why is My Credit Card transaction pending?
A credit card funding transaction can sometimes be held longer to manual review reasons. If that’s the case please contact our support team for additional information about your transaction.
How do I cancel a pending Credit Card transaction?
If you have initiated a credit card deposit, please note that we are not able to cancel pending transactions. Refunds and reversals aren't possible until transaction is completed.
What is Uphold Credit Card Merchant Category Code?
Our MCC code is 6051 - "Other Financial Services". Some credit cards may fail to process if merchants configured to exclude this code.