How do I become a verified member of Uphold?
In order to become a verified member of our platform and have access to the full range of Uphold services, you will need to complete the verification process. This process involves providing us with the information listed as part of our global compliance efforts, which ensure the security of our network and protect our members against fraud.
To become a verified member:
- Head to https://uphold.com/dashboard/membership/ and click "start"
- Input your current residential address
- Take a clear picture of your valid government-issued ID, where every single detail is readable without any glare. To do so, take a clear photo of one of the following document options:
- National ID Card
- Driver's License
Tips to ensure the verification process is seamless:
- Take a clear picture of your valid government-issued ID, where every single detail is readable without any glare or covered
- Take all photos in an area that is brightly lit
- Turn flash off to avoid glare on the document
- Make sure the details on your ID match those details on your Uphold account (legal name, no nicknames)
- Make sure that your legal document has at least 3 months validity left on it
- Do not take a picture of a picture. When taking a selfie, it needs to be a "live selfie"
Verification is typically complete within minutes and, once confirmed, you gain immediate access to our membership benefits.
Please note: it may take up to 4 business days to verify People’s Republic of China Passports and National IDs.
Not sure if you're already a verified member? When you're on your dashboard, you'll see a green check mark next to your profile in the upper right-hand corner if you are.
Here's an example of how to verify your identity with the Uphold web app: