How to add and withdraw funds via bank transfer (U.S. residents)
Connecting your bank account to your Uphold Wallet is a simple way to add or withdrawal your money from the Uphold Platform.
In order to provide safe and secure transfer services, Uphold requires members to complete the member verification process for bank transfer capability. If you are not yet an Uphold Verified member, please click here.
To connect your bank account to your Uphold Wallet for the first time.
- Open the USD Uphold Money Cards and click on the "Add Funds" tabs.
- Click "Add Bank Account."
- Enter your account and routing number. We recommend you give your bank account a name (in the field: ‘Label’) so you can easily identify it later, e.g. “My Chase checking account.”
- Click "Create". Your bank will now be linked to Uphold.
- Members can connect more than one bank account to their Uphold Wallet. If you wish to add another bank account, go back to the main “Add Bank Account” tab and click on “+ Add Bank Account” button above your list of “Available Bank Accounts.”
In order for transfers to be processed, the name on your linked bank account must match the name on your Uphold profile.
Bank of America users: please do not use routing number 026009593, this will give you an error.
Once connected, you’re ready to transfer funds between your bank and Uphold:
- Open your USD Uphold Money Card and click "Add Funds". Please note, if a currency card other than USD is selected, you will be charged a conversion fee.
- Select “Fund from Bank Account”.
- Choose which bank account you would like to add funds from.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer to your Uphold account, and click "Confirm."
As soon as your bank has confirmed the transfer, the funds will arrive into your Uphold account, typically within 5-7 business days. Uphold will send you an email notifying you when your funds have arrived.
Your transactions will be labeled as “ACH DEBIT- UPHOLD INC” and “ACH DEPOSIT: UPHOLD INC” on your bank ledger. Slight variations may apply for each bank.
You can use the same connected bank account to withdraw funds:
- Open your USD Uphold Money Card and click "Withdraw".
- Choose your linked bank account.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw and click "Confirm".
- Withdrawals are subject to daily limits.
Things to note:
- Transactions can take up to 5-7 business days to fully process and post. A business day is considered every official working day of the week. Another common term is working day. Typically, these are the days between and including Monday to Friday and do not include public holidays and weekends.
- During the deposit transaction time, your value will reflect market value of the currency you purchased. If the price rises, the value held in your wallet rises as well!
- Transfers with ACH bank account are available non-U.S. residents with a U.S. bank account. Please learn more here.
- If you're having trouble connecting your bank account, click here for some additional solutions.
- There is no need to inform your bank before connecting your account with Uphold but if you do have any concerns, please contact your bank directly.