How to add and withdraw funds via bank transfer (U.S. residents)
For fastest service and automatic higher deposit limits, link your U.S. bank account with your online banking account credentials.
This connectivity service is called "Plaid", and will both increase your account funding limits to $2500 daily, and your transactions will post in 3-4 business days.
Funds added with a bank account linked via routing and account number will be available to trade in your Uphold account in 5-7 business days. You can withdraw the funds to cryptocurrency networks after 60 days. We’ve introduced this cooldown period to protect our members and the platform from fraud. You can withdraw funds to the originating bank account at any time. If you need to send funds to cryptocurrency networks immediately, you can link your U.S. bank account with your online banking account credentials.
If you're unable to use Plaid for any reason, then you can use the routing and account numbers and link your account manually, but deposited funds will be subject to a 60-day "cooldown" period.
In order to provide safe and secure transfer services, Uphold requires members to complete the member verification process for bank transfer capability. If you are not yet an Uphold Verified member, please click here.
If you need to link your bank account for the first time, there are two options for linking.
Once connected, you’re ready to transfer funds between your bank and Uphold:
- Open your USD Uphold Money Card and click "Add Funds". Please note, if a currency card other than USD is selected, you will be charged a conversion fee.
- Select “Fund from Bank Account”.
- Choose which bank account you would like to add funds from.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer to your Uphold account, and click "Confirm."
As soon as your bank has confirmed the transfer, the funds will arrive into your Uphold account, typically within 5-7 business days. Uphold will send you an email notifying you when your funds have arrived.
Your transactions will be labeled as “ACH DEBIT- UPHOLD INC” and “ACH DEPOSIT: UPHOLD INC” on your bank ledger. Slight variations may apply for each bank.
You can use the same connected bank account to withdraw funds:
- Open your USD Uphold Money Card and click "Withdraw".
- Choose your linked bank account.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw and click "Confirm".
- Withdrawals are subject to daily limits.
- Transactions can take up to 5-7 business days to fully process and post. A business day is considered every official working day of the week. Another common term is working day. Typically, these are the days between and including Monday to Friday and do not include public holidays and weekends.
- During the deposit transaction time, your value will reflect market value of the currency you purchased. If the price rises, the value held in your wallet rises as well!
- Transfers with ACH bank account are available non-U.S. residents with a U.S. bank account. Please learn more here.
- If you're having trouble connecting your bank account, click here for some additional solutions.
- There is no need to inform your bank before connecting your account with Uphold, but if you do have any concerns, please contact your bank directly.