What are the benefits of having a business account, and how do I apply for one?
When you join Uphold, you are initially set up with a personal account which you can start using right away. If you are planning to use Uphold for your business, you'll want to apply for a business account.
In addition to the numerous benefits available to Uphold members, your business account will have access to the following:
- Higher transaction limits
- Link your company's bank account to your Uphold account to add and withdraw funds
In order to upgrade your personal account into an Uphold business account, please complete the following:
- Become a verified member
- Fill out the Uphold Business Application. You will need the following information to complete the form
- Proof of address (such as a utility bill)
- Uphold Username
- Company Name
- Purpose of Account
- Address (Must be a Physical Address, P.O. Boxes will not be accepted)
- Tax ID (EIN/SSN/TIN)
- List and IDs of all Beneficial Owners associated with the business account
- Certificate of good standing / filed business document (e.g. articles of in corporation) from state of gov’t entity
- Expected monthly activity/transaction volume (in USD)?
Once your business application is submitted, you will be notified of your account upgrade within 5-7 business days.
- When linking your company's European bank account to your Uphold account, please make sure your company address must is in the European Union as well.