How can I become a verified member on the mobile app?
- Tap on “Verify your identity” in the portfolio view (home screen) or under “Profile”.
- Tap “Start verification” to continue.
- Enter your residential address. If already entered, confirm it is correct and the same address as on your government issued ID card.
- Confirm your country of residence.
- Take a clear picture of your valid government-issued ID, where every single detail is readable without any glare. You have the option to upload one of the following document options:
- National ID Card
- Driver's License
- If it displays clearly in the preview window click “Readable”, if not “Retake”.
- Tap “Done” to exit the screen. We will review your docs and let you know when you pass or fail verification. You can check your status under “Profile” in Settings.
Tips to ensure the verification process is seamless:
- Take a clear picture of your valid government-issued ID, where every single detail is readable without any glare or covered. Please note that scanned documentation will not be accepted.
- Take all photos in an area that is brightly lit
- Turn flash off to avoid glare on the document
- Make sure the details on your ID match those details on your Uphold account (legal name, no nicknames)
- Make sure that your legal document has at least 3 months validity left on it
- Do not take a picture of a picture. When taking a selfie, it needs to be a "live selfie"
Read more about the benefits of being a verified member.