How can I become verified on the mobile app? (Previous to 4.0 version)
- Tap on “Verify your identity” in the portfolio view (home screen) or under “Profile”.
- Tap “Start verification” to continue.
- Enter your residential address. If already entered, confirm it is correct and the same address as on your government issued ID card.
- Confirm your country of residence.
- Take a clear picture of your valid government-issued ID, where every single detail is readable without any glare. You have the option to upload one of the following document options:
- National ID Card
- Driver's License
- If it displays clearly in the preview window click “Readable”, if not “Retake”.
- Tap “Done” to exit the screen. We will review your docs and follow up with you soon. You can check your status under “Profile” in Settings.
Tips to ensure the verification process is seamless:
- Take a clear picture of your valid government-issued ID, where every single detail is readable without any glare or covered. Please note that scanned documentation will not be accepted.
- Take all photos in an area that is brightly lit
- Turn flash off to avoid glare on the document
- Make sure the details on your ID match those details on your Uphold account (legal name, no nicknames)
- Make sure that your legal document has at least 3 months validity left on it
- Do not take a picture of a picture. When taking a selfie, it needs to be a "live selfie"
When taking a Selfie:
Note that this may be required for account recovery if you lose your 2-Factor Authentication, or if extra security is needed for a certain activity.
- Make sure the light source is in front of you, not behind you, so your face is clearly lit and not in shadow
- Face the camera and include your shoulders to the top of your head, like a passport or ID photo
- Use a plain wall as a background if possible
- Take the photo alone. No one else should be visible
- Do not wear sunglasses or hats
- If you're wearing glasses in your ID photo, wear them in your selfie. If you are not wearing glasses in your ID photo, remove them for your selfie
Read more about the benefits of being verified.