I am having trouble with my Two-Factor Authentication app
In an effort to provide increased account security, Uphold has implemented a Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) algorithm for Two-Factor Authentication. Learn more about setting up Two-Factor Authentication on your Uphold account using the web app or mobile app.
If you have Two-Factor Authentication enabled and are having issues signing in, here are a few common troubleshooting tips:
I can't find the verification code.
- Make sure that you’re using the same device and 2FA app that you’ve previously configured with TOTP.
- If that’s the case, open the 2FA app and find the Uphold entry that uses the email associated with your Uphold account.
- To prevent using expired codes, please pay attention to the 2FA app timer when copying a verification code.
I can't find my authentication app.
- Make sure that you are using the same device that you’ve previously configured with TOTP.
- If that’s the case, use the search function from your device to locate the 2FA app.
- If you don’t remember which 2FA app you’ve picked to configure TOTP, you can find a list of popular apps here.
- If the app is no longer installed but you have the setup key, please follow the instructions to restore 2FA: How do I restore Two-Factor Authentication using my setup key?
My mobile device/laptop was stolen/lost.
- If you have the setup key, follow these instructions to restore 2FA for your account: How do I restore Two-Factor Authentication using my setup key?
- If you no longer have your setup key, please contact our support team.
I can't find my setup key.
- If you do not have your setup key, please contact our support team for further assistance.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or if you require further assistance please contact our support team.