How do I set up Two-Factor Authentication using the Uphold mobile app? (Mobile App previous to 4.0 version)
Here is an easy to follow how-to guide for setting up Two-Factor Authentication for your mobile device:
- Sign in to the Uphold app.
- When you sign in, you’ll be prompted to configure the new Two-Factor Authentication method (2FA). You can also set up 2FA from the app settings menu (under “Security’).
- If you’re a current Uphold member using Authy, you’ll be asked to enter the 7-digit verification code from Authy to begin the setup process.
- Download (or open) your preferred authentication app.
- Scan the QR code or enter the key provided in the Uphold app to set up a new account in your authentication app.
- Once your Uphold account is added, reopen the Uphold mobile app, enter the 6-digit verification code from your new authentication app, and click ‘next’ to verify.
Important note: you will be given a key for your new authentication method. Make sure this is stored in a safe place as you will not have access to it later.