How to buy Litecoin in the United States
Buy, sell and exchange Litecoin (LTC) instantly* on Uphold in the United States with your bank account - low fees, secure and transparent.
How is Uphold different?
Uphold members can:
- Lock in the market rate at time of purchase
- Send LTC for free
- Take advantage of Uphold’s partner apps
- If you haven’t already connected your bank account to your Uphold account, follow these steps.
- Direct bank account funding and withdrawals are currently offered to Uphold members in the countries listed here.
- When adding funds via ACH, you will be charged a conversion fee for currencies other than USD.
- *Transaction locks in market rate at the time of purchase however, it will take 5-7 business days for the transaction to clear and post to your account. It will show as pending during the processing time - learn more.
Follow these steps to buy LTC with USD using your connected U.S. bank account:
- Log in to your Uphold account - once logged in, open your LTC Uphold Money Card and click "Add Funds"
- Select “Fund from Bank Account”
- Choose which bank account you would like to add funds from
- Enter the amount you want to transfer to your Uphold account, and click "Confirm"
- Log in to the Uphold app - once logged in, select the main menu and “Buy”
- From the list of currencies, select LTC
- Select “U.S. bank account” and then choose one of your connected bank accounts
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and tap “Preview buy”
- Review your transaction details, accept terms, and tap “Confirm buy”