Uphold pricing policy
Applies to mobile version (v 4.0 or above) & New Web Wallet
(Individual type accounts)
Uphold is not a free platform. We charge a spread every time you trade.
- In the U.S. and Europe, our spread is typically 0.8 to 1.2% on BTC and ETH.
- In other parts of the world, our spread on the majors is typically around 1.8%.
- Spreads can be significantly higher for low-liquidity cryptos and tokens including XRP, ZIL, OXT, UPT, DOGE and others. Check rates at Preview before you trade.
- Coordinated market activity such as Wall St Bets can distort markets. All the above spreads are likely to widen beyond those above during times of acute market stress.
- Our spread is typically 0.2% between major national currencies such as EUR, USD, and GBP.
- Our spread is typically 1.0%. For trading outside market hours, we add a small spread based on the stock's volatility. A clock icon will appear when the U.S. public market is closed. U.S. market hours are 9.30am to 4pm ET on business days.
- Our spread is typically 3% on top of the bid-ask prices at our supplier.
- Our pricing model is all-inclusive. The price you see before you trade, is the price you pay when you trade. Unlike many platforms, our prices are locked in pre-trade. We don’t add hidden fees between Preview and Transact unlike some competitors. Please check the rate you’re getting on the Preview page. Only confirm your transaction if you’re happy with the rate and accept the trade.
- Like most trading venues, we display the current mid-market price on our charts; when you trade, you receive the current bid or ask price depending on whether you’re buying or selling. There is always a small difference between the mid-market and the bid/ask prices: it's how order books on exchanges work.
- We charge 0% deposit fees and 0% withdrawal fees
- Network Fees - charged when you withdraw to external crypto wallets - are passed on at cost and may vary depending on Network congestion.