Service Fees: Individual accounts for the UK and Europe
Uphold is not a free platform. We charge UK and Europe customers a spread for buying and selling cryptocurrencies.
|ASSET||BUY SPREAD||SELL SPREAD|
Our pricing model is all-inclusive. The price you see before your trade is the price you pay when you trade. Unlike many platforms, our prices are locked in pre-trade* and we don’t add hidden fees between Preview and Transact.
Please check the rate you’re getting on the Preview page. Only confirm your transaction if you’re happy with the rate and accept the trade.
- Like most trading venues, we display the current mid-market price on our charts; when you trade, you receive the current bid or ask price depending on whether you’re buying or selling. There is always a small difference between the mid-market and the bid/ask execution prices: it's how order books on exchanges work.
- We charge 0% deposit fees, 0% withdrawal fees, 0% trading commissions, but we do charge the spreads above in every trade.
- Network Fees - charged when you withdraw to external crypto wallets, are passed on and may vary depending on network congestion.
* The price for UK and Europe bank transfers is not locked in pre-trade. The price of the relevant Cryptoasset may change between the time you submit the order and the time the funds are received by us and the order is subsequently executed. You should be aware that execution is on a best-efforts basis and could result in significant price fluctuations as the Cryptoasset purchase order will be executed at the prevailing market price at the time of execution. As Cryptoassets experience frequent price volatility this poses you a high degree of risk.
Service Fees: Business accounts for the UK and Europe
Fees are agreed on a volume basis. Please discuss with our Business Development Team.
You should be aware that the risk of loss in trading or holding cryptoassets can be very high. As with any asset, the value of cryptoassets can go up or down and there can be a substantial risk that you lose all your money buying, selling, holding or investing in cryptoassets. Our cryptoasset services are not within the scope of the UK Financial Ombudsman Service and your cryptoassets are not subject to protection under the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme. You should carefully consider whether trading or holding cryptoassets is suitable for you in light of your financial condition.
Uphold Europe Limited (FRN: 900577) is registered under the Financial Conduct Authority’s Temporary Registration Regime for cryptoasset firms and complies with the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer for Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 as amended. Uphold Europe Limited is also an EMD agent of Optimus Cards UK Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to issue e-money (FRN: 902034) pursuant to the Electronic Money Regulations 2011.
The e-money services are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. E-money is not a deposit or investment account which means that your e-money will not be protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. User funds will be held in a designated safekeeping account with a regulated financial institution. E-money will not earn any interest.
Additional Risk Warning in Uphold’s Terms & Conditions.
Service Fees: Individual accounts for the US and RoW
- In the U.S. our spread is typically 0.8 to 1.2% on BTC and ETH.
- In other parts of the world, our spread on the majors is typically around 1.8%.
- Spreads can be significantly higher for low-liquidity cryptos and tokens including XRP, ZIL, OXT, UPT, DOGE and others. Check rates at Preview before you trade.
- Coordinated market activity such as Wall St Bets can distort markets. All the above spreads are likely to widen beyond those above during times of acute market stress.
- Our spread is typically 0.2% between major national currencies such as EUR, USD, and GBP.
- Our spread is typically 1.0%. For trading outside market hours, we add a small spread based on the stock's volatility. A clock icon will appear when the U.S. public market is closed. U.S. market hours are 9.30am to 4pm ET on business days.
- Our spread is typically 3% on top of the bid-ask prices at our supplier.
- Our pricing model is all-inclusive. The price you see before you trade, is the price you pay when you trade. Unlike many platforms, our prices are locked in pre-trade. We don’t add hidden fees between Preview and Transact unlike some competitors. Please check the rate you’re getting on the Preview page. Only confirm your transaction if you’re happy with the rate and accept the trade.
- Like most trading venues, we display the current mid-market price on our charts; when you trade, you receive the current bid or ask price depending on whether you’re buying or selling. There is always a small difference between the mid-market and the bid/ask prices: it's how order books on exchanges work.
- We charge 0% fees on bank and debit card deposits, 0% withdrawal fees, 0% trading commissions (but we do charge a spread). For credit cards, we charge a 3.99% fee per deposit.
- Network Fees - charged when you withdraw to external crypto wallets - are passed on at cost and may vary depending on Network congestion.