Learn More - Transaction Holding
At Uphold, we take security and compliance seriously. To keep your funds safe and comply with financial regulations, we may ask you to provide more information about certain transactions.
We understand the sensitivity of such matters and will keep your data confidential.
The type of information we will request and the time it takes us to check and verify it will vary from a few hours to, in some cases, a few days. Typical documents we ask for include:
Source of Funds
Any of the following:
- US bank statement - it should be less than 3 months old and for the account linked to Uphold showing your full name and balance.
- Europe/UK bank statement - it should be less than 3 months old and for the account linked to Uphold showing your full name, balance as well as the transactions in question.
- External Crypto wallets - screenshots showing your transaction history, the balance of funds and your full name.
- Proof of salary - copies of payslips for the past 3 months.
Second form of ID
- This should be a valid government identification document different from that already provided to verify your account. Could be a driving license, national insurance card or a passport among others.