Authentication codes change every 30 seconds and can be rejected for multiple reasons, including:
- The code has expired by the time you enter it.
- The time isn’t correctly synced between your device and the Authenticator app.
- The Uphold account configured in your Authenticator App may be out-of-date.
When authenticating using your Authenticator App be sure to:
- Insert the verification code with enough time for it to be verified (avoid using it if there's only 2 seconds left on the timer; wait until it updates, then try).
- Confirm that the time on your device and authenticator app are properly synced. Authenticator apps usually have a time correction feature that the codes generated are properly synced (e.g Time correction for codes in Google Authenticator).
- Each time you set up (or reset) 2FA in an authenticator app, it shows as a separate account. Verification codes created by old accounts won’t work. Be sure, therefore, to delete old accounts to avoid confusion.