Here's how to verify your identity - it's easy
When you sign up, we collect your legal name, date of birth, and phone number. This helps us protect you from fraud and keep our community safe.
You don't have to verify your identity until you withdraw or send funds to other people. But you can do it earlier if you want.
To become a verified user, you’ll need to provide:
- Your current residential address
- Any one of the following valid government photo IDs in Latin (e.g., English, Spanish etc) or Cyrillic or Greek characters only:
- National ID card
- Driver's license
To make sure everything goes smoothly:
- Take a clear picture of your valid photo ID, where every detail is readable and clear. We can’t accept scanned documents.
- Take your photos in a well lit area.
- Turn flash off to avoid glare.
- Check the details on your ID match those on your Uphold account (legal name, no nicknames)
- Make sure your photo ID is valid for at least three more months.
- Please don't take a photo of a photo. Your selfie needs to be "live".
You can get step-by-step guidance for our new mobile app here.
Residents of the United States need to submit a Social Security Number. It's a tax thing!
Residents of China need to submit a valid government-issued identification number.
Residents of Russia need to submit an International Passport.