If you want to use Uphold for your business, you need to apply for a business account. In addition to the numerous benefits available to Uphold members, your business account will have higher transaction limits and you’ll be able to link your company's bank account to add and withdraw funds. To apply, please complete the following steps:
- Register on our website’s sign-up page providing the account type ‘Business’
- Log into your new account and click on the banner at the top which will take you to the application form.
Unlike many platforms, we aim to reduce the hassle that often comes with opening a business account with a financial institution. We also give you people to talk to who can help you through the process. To help everything go smoothly, we’ve put together a guide with the information and documents you’ll need to submit.
What we need to open your account
As the account holder, you’ll be asked for your proof of identity (meaning a copy of an ID document) as well as documents for other important people in your company.
Depending on your company set-up, this may include relevant shareholders, persons of significant control or your organisation’s trustees. For such people we’ll also ask for a few basic details, such as date of birth and residential address. We’re required to do so to be compliant with relevant regulations.
What documents can be used as proof of identity?
A valid government-issued identity document such as a passport, driver’s license or ID card. Please note that the document has to be valid for at least another 6 months and we’ll need the front and back of driver’s licenses and ID cards.
What other information do I need?
We do our best to verify our customers’ businesses electronically. However, in some cases we may ask for more documentation so we can successfully verify applicants and satisfy regulatory requirements. Depending on your business type, the documents we need may include:
- A recent proof of your trading address, such as tax documentation or a bank statement
- An official document confirming current shareholders or trustees
- Your company’s Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Formation or other business organization documentation
- Articles of Organization and 2 years’ worth of tax returns (in the case of US non-profit organizations)
If you have any questions regarding our business account offering, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our support team!