Transfer your 2FA settings to a new device for uninterrupted account access.
You’ll need your Security Key or QR code to configure your 2FA on your new device.
In the Uphold app:
- Tap Menu > Settings > Security > Change to a new device.
- Enter the TOTP password generated by your authenticator app.
- Your security key will be displayed, as well as the option to show a QR code.
- On your new device, install your preferred authenticator app.
- Either insert the Security Key, or Scan the QR code. Your 2FA is now activated on your new device.
Some authenticator apps also offer ways of migrating the authenticators using their app only (e.g. how to get Google Authenticator codes on your new phone).