Verifying your identity is easy and it only takes a few minutes! Check the following tips for breezing through your identity verification session!
- Take a clear picture of your valid photo ID, where every detail is readable and clear. Ensure the details on your ID match those on your Uphold account (legal name, no nicknames).
- Remove any masks, hats or sunglasses. (You can wear prescription glasses).
- Make sure your photo ID is valid for at least three more months.
- Photograph the entire doc, avoid any cutting off corners or text.
- If you’re having trouble with the camera on a desktop or laptop computer, try doing it through the Mobile App instead.
- If you make a mistake, refresh the page to restart the process. Do not attempt to complete the process if you know there’s a mistake as this will result in a temporary restriction until it can be reviewed manually.
- We don’t accept scanned or otherwise saved image files. This will fail and cause you delay.
- Please don't take a photo of a photo. This will fail and cause you delay. Your selfie needs to be "live".
- Make sure the light source is in front of you, not behind you, so your face is well lit.
- Face the camera and include your head and shoulders, like a passport or photo ID.
- Use a plain background.