This guide provides step-by-step instructions for funding your Uphold wallet with US dollars using your bank account. You have the option to deposit through ACH connectivity or wire transfer. Explore the details of these methods below.
How to complete an ACH deposit
Understand the process of depositing funds from your bank account into your wallet.
- Access the navigation bar at the bottom and tap on "Transact."
Tap on "Source".
- Scroll down to locate "My Banks" and select the preferred bank account*.
- Tap on "Destination" to pick the asset you intend to purchase.
- Review the transaction details by tapping on "Preview."
- If satisfied with the terms, tap on "Confirm" to finalize the transaction.
*If you haven't added a bank account yet, simply tap "+" to add one. Refer to Link a payment method for instructions on how to add a payment method to your Uphold account.
This section provides simple instructions on how to initiate a wire transfer from your bank to your Uphold wallet. Unlike an ACH transfer, there are no limits to the amount you can wire directly.
How to complete a wire transfer
- Tap “Transact” on the navigation bar on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “From” and select bank account
- Select Banks and tap “+”
- Tap “USD”
- Tap “Wire transfer”
- Tap “To” and select the asset you want to get funded in Uphold.
- The Reference Code will update to identify the asset you chose as well as your account
- You’ll find all the details required to initiate a wire transfer in USD from your bank account.
Name matching & transaction reviews
Please note, the name of the bank account you are sending from must match the name on your Uphold wallet.
Very occasionally, deposits may be temporarily held for review. If that happens, we will immediately let you know and keep you up to date.